Transfer of Credit Policies
Transfer credit is generally awarded for coursework that is comparable to ETBU's curriculum in level and nature and for which the student earned satisfactory grades. The Office of the Registrar will consult with the appropriate Academic Dean for questions of course content or applicability:
- All transfer work will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- No grade will be changed.
- Transfer work with grades that would cause the student to be placed on probation will not be accepted. (Such courses may not be transferred in a later semester even if the student's GPA improves.)
PROCEDURE for current ETBU students
- Complete the Permission for Course Transfer Form.
- Complete all appropriate sections and secure necessary signatures.
- Return form to the Registrar's Office.
- Once permission is granted, enroll in the course.
- Upon completion of the course, submit official transcripts to the Registrar's Office.
Failure to complete any of the above may result in denial of transfer credit.
The University accepts academic work from institutions listed in the American Council on Education publication, Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education (ACE).
Total transfer credits from junior colleges may not exceed 66 hours (72 for BAS degree).
A student must not exceed eighteen (18) semester hours, including transferred credit hours, anytime during the fall or spring terms without first obtaining permission.
SEE: Academic Load Policy
- Courses to be applied in the major, minor, or teaching specialization may not be taken Pass/Fail.
- It is the students responsibility to ensure the declared major is accurate and his/her degree audit current.