A student is eligible to withdraw from a course, or courses, beginning with the first day of class. However, the last day to withdraw from a class is at the 75% point in a semester. Any refunds due to a withdrawal are associated with the time in the semester which the withdrawal occurred. See The Registrar's Timeline of Critical Dates.
Note that withdrawal from a course (or courses) may have a significant negative impact on the following:
- the student's academic progress
- opportunities for academic honors,
- finances and financial aid,
- housing arrangements, and
- athletic eligibility.
Students intending to transfer to a State of Texas institution of higher education should bear in mind the six course withdrawal regulation.
To Withdraw from a Course:
- Complete the Withdrawal from a Course form (found under Registrar Forms).
- Secure the appropriate signatures.
- Turn in form to the Registrar's Office (3rd floor of Marshall Hall).
To Withdraw from the University:
- Go to Campus Connect and select “Request for University Withdrawal” from the QuickLinks section.
- Submit form with attached schedule online.
- Complete the exit interview with Academic Success (they will contact you to schedule).
- Request will not be complete until confirmation is sent to you by the Office of the Registrar.