Measurements and Tools
East Texas Baptist University uses a variety of measures and tools, consistent with the University Mission, to evaluate success with respect to student achievement. As a Christ-centered institution, East Texas Baptist University educates students by integrating biblical faith and learning to develop mind, body, and soul through community engagement to prepare graduates to be Christian servant leaders in their calling to God and humanity.
- East Texas Baptist University will retain 64 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen into their second year. For the most recent first-time, full-time freshman cohort (Fall 2019), 61 percent returned for their second year.
- For each semester (fall and spring), the full-time degree-seeking undergraduate student body will complete with a grade of “C” or better at least 85 percent of the hours enrolled. For the most recent term (Spring 2020), 86 percent of the hours enrolled were completed with a grade of “C” or better.
- For programs with post graduate license examinations, the pass rates will meet or exceed the required benchmark as set by the agency. Currently, three programs require licensing examinations: Athletic Training, Nursing, and Teacher Education.
Athletic Training: 80 percent of graduates will pass the License Athletic Trainer (LAT) examination on their first attempt. No current data is available as this is a new requirement for the Athletic Training program. Data collection for this goal will begin in 2020-2021.
Nursing: 90 percent of graduates will pass the NCLEX-RN (National Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) on their first attempt. For the most recent year available (2019), 100 percent passed the NCLEX-RN.
Teacher Education: 90 percent of the graduates will pass the TExES (Texas Examinations of Educator Standards). For the most recent year available (2018-2019), 97 percent passed the TExES.
- East Texas Baptist University will graduate 40 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen within four years. The most recent four year graduation rate for the first-time, full-time freshman cohort is 36 percent.
- East Texas Baptist University will graduate 50 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen within six years. The most recent six year graduation rate for the first-time, full-time freshman cohort is 35 percent.
For additional data on retention rates, graduation rates, and post graduate license examinations, access the chart and download below.
|Athletic Training LAT Exam||Data Collection begins 2020-2021||to be determined|
|Nursing NCLEX‐RN Examination||2017||100.00 %|
|Teacher Education TExES Examination||2016-2017||99.00 %|