ETBU teams with Microsoft to provide you with 1 Terabyte of data storage as part of OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
OneDrive for Business is connected to your ETBU account. The OneDrive for Business account will go away when you are no longer a student or employee at ETBU.
The other OneDrive is a “personal” storage account and is not connected to your ETBU account and is yours for life. You can create a personal OneDrive account for free at onedrive.com
Included in OneDrive is Office365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote) so you can create, edit and share documents regardless of the type of device you are working on.
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 ProPlus is a full version of Office, which includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and more.
You can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five home or personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices. Office mobile applications are accessible on iPhone and Android phones and automatically included with all Windows phones.
Who is eligible?
* Students who are enrolled in one or more credits at ETBU are eligible for Office 365 ProPlus.
* Students must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program.
What happens after I graduate?
Your access to Microsoft ProPlus will continue for a short period of time after you graduate. When you are no longer eligible, you will still be able to access and print your files. You will not be able to install new instances of Office 365 ProPlus and you will not be able to create/save/edit files.
- Installation on PC/Mac
Login to TigerMail
Login: firstname.lastname@example.org (full ETBU email address). Ex: email@example.com
Password: (same password as Windows login, Blackboard, etc.)
- Once logged in, click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right corner of the screen (next to the Help Question Mark.
- Click on "Office 365" under the sub title "Your App Settings" which is in the right hand scroll bar.
- Click the "Install Now" button under Software which is in the center of the screen to begin installation. The site will automatically detect your system (PC or Mac). The default is set to 32-bit as the recommended version. Click "Other Installs" and then the arrow to select 64-bit if preferred.
- Save and Run the installation file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Installation on Mobile Devices
- Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play for Android)
- Search for Microsoft Office Mobile (Note: On iPad, you may need to change search setting to "iPhone apps only". The iPhone app can be used on iPads, but may not compatible on 1st and 2nd generation iPads.)
- Install the app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your ETBU student email address. Select Organization account and type your ETBU student email password (see above for login/password tips).