Skip to main content

About ETBU

Permission for Course Transfer

Transfer Credit Policies

Transfer credit is generally awarded for coursework that is comparable to ETBU's curriculum in level and nature and for which the student earned satisfactory grades.  The Office of the Registrar will consult with the appropriate Academic Dean for questions of course content or applicability:

  1. All transfer work will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
  2. No grade will be changed.
  3. Transfer work with grades that would cause the student to be placed on probation will not be accepted.  (Such courses may not be transferred in a later semester even if the student's GPA improves.)


  • The University accepts academic work from institutions listed in the American Council on Education publication, Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education (ACE).  
  • A student must not exceed eighteen (18) semester hours, including transferred credit hours, anytime during the fall or spring terms without first obtaining permission. 
  • SEE: Academic Load Policy
  • Courses to be applied in the major, minor, or teaching specialization may not be taken Pass/Fail.
  • It is the student's responsibility to ensure the declared major is accurate and his/her degree audit current.


Other Credit Policies

Armed Forces

The University will grant credit for all appropriate educational experiences in the Armed Forces in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education in its publication: A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard veterans with continuous active duty may receive up to two hours of physical activity credit in kinesiology. One kinesiology activity credit may be awarded per each six months of active duty.

All students are required to successfully complete KINE 1164 or KINE 1238 Lifetime Fitness unless seeking the BAS degree.

Other credits for service in the armed forces may be documented on a case-by-case basis.  The evaluation will be made from either the veteran's DD214 or the official AARTS/SMARTS transcript.  
The transcript is the preferred document.


International Baccalaureate

Students graduating from high schools that offer approved International Baccalaureate programs may request evaluation of their credits by the Advising and Career Development Center.  Credit in lieu of college work will be granted dependent upon the particular courses taken and grades earned.  An official transcript from the student's high school is required for official evaluation.  
For more information, see the International Baccalaureate Appendix from the academic catalog.

International Students - Transfer Credit Upon Admission

International students who desire to transfer credit from foreign universities must submit to the Registrar professional evaluations of their transcripts.  Fees for evaluation of credit are the responsibility of the student.  The Registrar will determine which credits transfer and how they fit into the student's degree plan.
For a list of evaluating agencies, visit