The Department of Chemistry offers a B.S. in Chemistry, B.S. in Biochemistry, and a B.S.E in Composite Science, as well as a minor in chemistry or Forensic Science.
The department is dedicated to equipping the students with the necessary knowledge and skills in lecture and laboratory to be successful in industry, graduate school, secondary science education, or other professional programs. The department seeks to provide students with a comprehensive curriculum that cultivates the development of critical thinking and reasoning skills. During individualized academic advising, the faculty in the department will advise students on potential careers and fields of study that best match the strengths of the student. At each point of a student's education, the department seeks to model the integration of faith and science and to encourage each student to develop a mature understanding of their Christian world-view.
The department goals are:
1. To provide students with a comprehensive curriculum that offers all branches of chemistry.
2. To cultivate the student's development of critical thinking and reasoning skills.
3. To equip the students with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in a science-related occupation.
4. To guide students in choosing a future career field or graduate program.
5. To promote a maturing understanding of how to integrate science into a Christian world-view.