University studies is a general liberal arts education.
Rather than focusing in one specific area, this degree is a broad-based education in which students study a variety of different subjects in order to gain a better working knowledge of the world around them. The University studies education prepares students for a lifetime of opportunities and changes. University studies major is available on a BA, BS, or BAS degree and is designed for:
- Students who wish to attend ETBU yet aspire to a career for which ETBU does not offer a specific major.
- Students who have accumulated hours at various other institutions who desire a BA, BS or BAS degree
- Students who encounter a major hurdle(s) in a specific major and wish to graduate in order to secure work as a college graduate
- Students whose vocational/career goals require a general bachelor’s degree rather than a specific major
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Graduates with a major in University Studies will be able to develop a plan to meet their career goals through the GSTU 4105 course.
- Graduates with a major in University Studies will be able to design a resume and execute a search for a job in their career choice.
- University Studies graduates will examine leadership qualities and explain how these will be effective in the workplace.
University Studies General Education Requirements - 46 hours
English 1301, 1302, and three hours sophomore literature - 9 hours
Fine Arts (three hours from music, theatre, fine arts, art, or equivalent) - 3 hours
Religion 1320 and 1330 - 6 hours
History - 3 hours
Political Science 2305 - 3 hours
Social Science (CJUS, ECON, GEOG, POSC, PSYC, SOCI) - 3 hours
Physical Activity - KINE 1238 - 2 hours
Science (must be lab science) - 8 hours
Mathematics - 6 hours
Speech 1311, 1315, or 1318 - 3 hours
Major area of study
Interdisciplinary courses decided in consultation with student’s advisor to support educational goals of the student.
Earn 39 advanced hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0
Total: Minimum one hundred twenty (120) semester hours