Academic scholarships at ETBU are based on a combination of ACT/SAT (excluding Writing) and recalculated high school GPA. This allows students to be awarded on a more complete picture of the student's ability. The amounts listed below are for new students beginning Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
- Freshman Academic Scholarships
$11,000 per academic year
Must maintain a 3.2 GPA for renewal.
$10,000 per academic year
Must maintain a 3.0 GPA for renewal.
$8,000 per academic year
Must maintain a 2.75 GPA for renewal.
$4,000 per academic year
Must maintain a 2.5 GPA for renewal.
National Merit Semi-Finalist
Full Tuition provided that the student has listed ETBU in the first position on the National Merit Scholarship Application
- Church-Related Scholarships
Christian Leadership Scholarship
$1,500 - $4,500
Students may have this scholarship renewed each year for up to 4 years by maintaining a cumulative 2.0 GPA and participating in at least one hour each week of service with a community service partner.
Church Matching Scholarship
ETBU will match a church contribution up to $2,000 per academic year. See application for specific details.
Minister's Dependent Scholarship
$1,500 per year
ETBU awards dependents of full time Baptist ministerial staff or Baptist career missionaries $1,500 per year. See application for specific details.
BGCT Ministry Scholarship
Initial applicants must be a member in good standing of a Baptist Church. Scholarship must be renewed annually. Find more info here.
- Additional Scholarships
Louisiana Educational Advantage Program (LEAP) Scholarship
Hispanic Christian Servant Leader Scholarship - This scholarship is available for two outstanding young Hispanic students for the 18-19 academic year. The printable application can be accessed here and more information about the scholarship requirements and the selection process can be found here. Full application packets must be sent no later than March 31, 2018 via email to email@example.com or hardcopy to:
Hispanic Baptist Convention
2900 Mossrock, Suite 110
San Antonio, TX 78230
Rufus-Spraberry Memorial Alumni Scholarship
Math and Chemistry Scholarships - Math Scholarship information can be found here. Chemistry Scholarship information can be found here. (Scholarships awarded in amounts of up to $4,000 per year)
Music and Theatre Scholarships
Available by demonstrating an exceptional level of performance during an on-campus audition. Dates for auditions may be obtained through the Music and Theatre Departments.
- Scholarship Notations
- All ETBU awards are renewable for four years as long as minimum renewal requirements are met.
- All scholarship funds are limited and based on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- Students must be accepted to the University before ETBU scholarships can be awarded.
- ETBU scholarships are limited to the cost of tuition only.
- All ETBU scholarships require students to live in on-campus housing (unless permanent residence is within commuting distance) and maintain full-time status.
- All financial aid awards are subject to readjustment after a SAR is received and student's financial need is determined.
- Students who have earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for ETBU scholarships.