The college you choose plays a defining role in what you believe, how you think, and who you become. ETBU is a Christ-centered university characterized by close community, excellent teaching, and robust student life. Be You at ETBU!
- Graduate Admissions Requirements
Applicants must submit the following as a part of the general admission process:
- A completed Graduate School Application for Admission accompanied by a $50.00 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Submit two recommendations, available with this link.
- Any additional program admission requirements established by the applicant’s desired program or field of study.
Applicants must meet all University and program due dates for submission in order to receive full consideration for admission. Once an applicant has submitted the required credentials, a decision regarding admission or denial of admission of the student to the University will be made in a timely manner.
- Applicant Minimum Criteria
Applicants should meet the following minimum criteria for full admission to all graduate programs:
- Hold an earned degree from a U.S college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency or one recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Applicants with degrees from foreign universities will have to undergo a transcript equivalency evaluation.)
- Exhibit good character, in the judgment of the University. East Texas Baptist University reserves the right to deny admission to any individual who has been convicted or adjudicated of a felony or a Class A (or equivalent) misdemeanor.
- Be in agreement with the University’s mission.
- Meet additional program requirements or criteria established by the applicant’s desired program or field of study.
(Students who have earned undergraduate degrees from foreign universities may be asked to submit evidence of a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Transfer of Credit
Admitted students may request acceptance of transfer hours provided:
- The student has achieved full University and program admission.
- The hours are graduate hours in the desired graduate major or related discipline as determined by the program director and dean, and deemed equivalent to courses in the selected graduate program.
- Grades earned are at least "B" or higher.
- The student provides the program director complete information about the course including goals, requirements, and assessments.
- Graduate Cost Information
- Fees specific to certain Masters Degrees
Fees Specific the the Master of Education Criminal Background Check: $25, applies only to students who are seeking Teacher Certification Certification Specialization Internship: $500 per semester (2 semesters) Certification Specialization Student Teaching: $500 per semester (1 semester) Fees Specific to the Master of Arts in Counseling Criminal Background Check: $25 Fees Specific to the Master of Arts in Religion & Master of Arts in Christian Ministry Thesis Binding (optional): $75