The college you choose plays a defining role in what you believe, how you think, and who you become. ETBU is a Christ-centered university characterized by close community, excellent teaching, and robust student life. Let us help you fulfill God's plan for your life. Be You at ETBU.
Follow the steps below to apply for ETBU.
- Admissions Process and Information
The admissions process starts by submitting an Application for Admission and Financial Aid. A US$50 application fee is required for all international applications for admission, and it can be paid online here.
High School or College Transcripts
Official copies of transcripts must be submitted from the high school or college(s) you attended prior to applying to ETBU. If the transcripts are not in English, they must be accompanied by a written translation and explanation of the grading system. College credit earned outside of the US, must be evaluated by an outside agency to be considered for transfer credit. (Visit www.naces.org/members.htm for a listing of evaluating agencies or have ETBU evaluate the transcript for a fee of $75.00.)
Certification of Finances
International students must prove that they have adequate financial resources to cover at least one full year at East Texas Baptist University. The Certification of Finances form must be submitted with official copies of bank statements for the student, family, and/or sponsor showing sufficient available funds. This form will be e-mailed to the applicant once we receive your application and application fee.
International students are required to live in campus housing at ETBU. You are required to submit your Application for Single or Family Student Housing. The housing application is will be provided along with other application materials upon receipt of your application and application fee.
Students must also submit the Health Information Form and copies of immunization records, especially verification of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination. The Health Information Form will be provided along with other application materials upon receipt of your application and application fee.
- English Proficiency
Students whose native language is not English must also submit one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 61(ibt) or IELTS score of 6.0;
- Proof of completion of an accredited ESL program;
- Letter certifying English was medium of instruction for at least one year of your formal education.
- Initial Fees and Deposits
(Remember, all fees can be paid here by credit card.)
Before the issuance of a Form I-20 by the Office of International Education, a student must pay the following fees:
- US$50 Application Fee - The application fee is non-refundable. You may also use international money order or bank transfer to pay this and other fees. Do not send cash or personal checks. If you are applying from within the United States, checks may be accepted.
- US$75 Transcript Evaluation Fee - College credit earned outside of the US, must be evaluated by an outside agency to be considered for transfer credit.
If you are unable to access the forms, you may request them to be mailed or emailed to you by contacting Lisa Seeley at firstname.lastname@example.org