About the Tiger Card
It is required that all students at East Texas Baptist University obtain and carry an ETBU Student ID (Tiger Card). You’ll use your Tiger Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You will be able to use it to:
- Receive financial aid disbursements (unless Student designates another financial institution)
- Purchase food through your meal plan
- Check out books from the library
- Attend athletic events
- Residence Hall and building access
- Copy/print services
- Optional access to a Herring Bank checking account with Debit Card capabilities
- ETBU and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Tiger Card.
The Tiger Card is a multi-functional card, which allows you to open an optional checking account that offers free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard signature or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- No monthly service fee
- Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
- Free access to online banking – check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access at www.herringbank.com/students/etbutigercard
- Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid and/or direct deposit of your paycheck
Visit Student Engagement to get your Tiger Card.
Use your ETBU Tiger Card, your official Student ID, for all of your on-campus needs and to access your Herring Bank checking account. For information on how to obtain your Tiger Card, call 903.923.2320 or visit Student Engagement Monday - Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank at 1.866.348.3435. You will also need to go to Student Engagement for a new card.
Guidelines for Handling Your ID Card
Your Tiger Card is a multi-functional card. It should be treated with care and steps can be taken to avoid damaging the cards functionality. Please adhere to the following:
- Do not expose to direct sunlight
- Do not expose to extreme heat or open flame
- Do not expose to chemicals
- Do not machine wash
- Do not crimp, bend or twist card
- Do not re-laminate
- Do not immerse in liquids of any kind
- Do not puncture
- Do not hole-punch
If you damage your ID card, you do so at your own risk. If damaged, you will have to pay the replacement fee to have another ID card produced.
If your card is lost or stolen…
If you have lost your card, contact the Customer Service Center immediately at 1-866-348-3435 to prevent theft of the funds in your account. The sooner you report a lost or stolen card, you can reduce the liability of your loss and reduce the chance of losing your funds. You will also need to go to the Student Life office in the Ornelas Student Center for a new card.
Library Card Info
Your Tiger Card has a barcode for library use. Make sure you present your Tiger Card at the library.
Financial Aid Disbursements
You can use your optional Tiger Card account offered by Herring Bank for all ETBU student financial aid disbursements. If you would like to designate the Herring Bank checking account or a different account for your direct deposits, you may do so by going to Campus Connect.
Direct Deposit Designation
You can use your optional Tiger Card account offered by Herring Bank for all ETBU student financial aid disbursements. If you would like to designate the Herring Bank checking account or a different account for your direct deposits, you may do so by going to Campus Connect, clicking on Designate Direct Deposit and following the instructions.