You may want to do this in your favorite word processing software and then copy and paste it in.
- Write in third person.
- Begin your biography with your first and last name, current title, department, and school.
- List your education, select courses taught, and research interests.
- Briefly mention any significant previous positions held.
- Include professional accomplishments, such as awards, publications, and affiliations.
- Describe your values and how they inform your career
Example: Dr. Heather Hadlock has more than 16 years of experience in Student Life and currently serves as the Vice President for Student Life at East Texas Baptist University, where she also teaches the Student Affairs Leadership course within the Master of Education program. Before joining the ETBU staff, she served at Dallas Baptist University in various roles, such as Director of Student Life, Director of Residence Life, Associate Dean of Students, and Assistant Vice President for Administrative Affairs. Dr. Hadlock earned a Bachelor of Behavioral Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Hardin-Simmons University, a M.Ed. in Higher Education Student Services Administration from the University of North Texas, and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Dallas Baptist University. Her publications include Student Departure Decisions at a Private Christian University: Difference in Student Expectations and Experience (2012) and “Orientation Programs: A Synopsis of Their Significance” (2002). Throughout her career, she has believed in the power of Christian higher education to provide a holistically transformational experience and is passionate about developing, encouraging, and supporting students.