East Texas Baptist University’s Marketing and Communication team has established the following guidelines for public posts on the official ETBU social media accounts. Administrators of these University accounts are expected to monitor the platforms and enforce these guidelines.
Posting policies for social media audiences
East Texas Baptist University welcomes participation on our social media pages and encourages you to interact often and to comment about the content you find on these platforms.
The University does not discriminate against any views, but administrators of official University pages do reserve the right to delete the following, or to block users who post the following:
- Obscenity, nudity, defamation, or hate speech (Speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or any other protected status)
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups, or organizations
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds
- Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities
- Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
- In short: Be respectful. Be smart. Be human. Add to the discussion, and help grow our community in constructive ways.
Please be aware that while administrators are responsible for moderating the page, we cannot immediately review every comment posted on a page. Opinions expressed in non-University posts are not necessarily those of the East Texas Baptist University and its employees, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or moderate the content of these posts.