NOTE: Due to electrical upgrades being made with SWEPCO, the pool will be closed Saturday, July 15 - Thursday, July 20.
Family Hours (June 5 – July 28)
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
(Days and times are subject to change by the University.)
The pool will still be open for our students at these times, but you and your family are welcome to come use the pool during these designated hours.
This invitation to you as a full-time faculty or staff member is limited to you, your spouse, and your dependent children. You cannot bring your extended family or friends of your children or family. You must be present at the pool with your children at all times. You cannot drop them off and then come back and pick them up. You cannot assign a sitter to accompany them to the pool. In order to access the pool, you will need to have your ETBU Faculty or Staff ID to scan at the entry gate.
Since there will be NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY, we are requiring you and your spouse to sign the attached waiver on behalf of your dependent children. You must have this waiver form signed and on file in the Office of Student Engagement prior to participating in Family Hours at the Pool.
I hope you and your families will be able to take advantage of these designated Family Hours to enjoy the ETBU pool.
As a reminder, following are the rules that govern the pool and other outdoor recreational facilities.
ETBU Outdoor Recreational and Pool Facilities Rules
A recreational pool, basketball court, and sand volleyball court located West of Fry Hall, are provided for use by ETBU students only. The following policies govern these facilities:
- USE OF ETBU OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL FACILITIES IS AT THE USER’S OWN RISK. There is no lifeguard on duty at the swimming pool.
- The swimming pool is for use by ETBU students only. No guests allowed.
- During the summer months, ETBU will host Family Hours at the Pool when ETBU full-time faculty and staff may bring their immediate family members to use the pool. Children must be accompanied by their parent at all times.
- Students using the pool must show a valid ETBU ID upon request.
- No diving is allowed.
- No running, pushing, or roughness allowed in the pool area.
- The pool must remain free from glass containers, gum, and food. No alcohol or tobacco products allowed All trash must be disposed of in the proper manner. Exceptions for food will be made only with approval from the Office of Student Engagement.
- The pool cannot be reserved for personal use (i.e. birthday parties, etc.)
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn; no cut-off shorts are allowed. Cover-ups must be worn to and from the pool. Modesty is expected.
- Oversized flotation devices are not allowed.
- Pool furniture cannot be placed in the pool.
- No persons with open cuts or wounds may use the pool.
- No altering of pool safety equipment is allowed.
- Keep Pool Gate Closed.
- No animals or other pets in the pool area
- Fire, Police, or Ambulance, in an Emergency Dial 911.
- University Security 903.923.2323.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. By filling out the form below you agree to abide by these guidelines.