- 1. Complete a Campus Arrival Health Pre-Screening
Please do not come to campus if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Fever (100.4°F or higher).
- New cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition.
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition.
- New congestion or runny nose that you cannot attribute to another health condition.
- New sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition.
- New muscle aches (myalgias) that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or physical exercise.
- Or any of the following new symptoms: difficulty breathing, chills, fatigue, headache, nausea, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell.
- 2. Stay Home and Behave Safely Before Arriving on ETBU's Campus
As ETBU Tiger Family members, we accept our personal moral duty and social responsibility to take care and protect each other. We ask everyone to stay at home and be particularly careful during the two weeks prior to coming to ETBU.
In the two weeks before coming to campus, we ask everyone to:
- Avoid close contact with others, keeping six-feet of physical distance.
- Please follow the CDC safety guidelines on face covering, hand-washing, and physical/social distancing in public and stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid large crowds, parties, restaurants, and other places where there is a high risk for exposure.
- Wear a face covering indoors and also outdoors when 6 feet of physical distance is not possible.
- Limit non-essential travel. Per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, any student who has traveled internationally is required to quarantine and monitor their health for 10 days before coming to campus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help coordinating your return to campus.
- You may be around others after
- At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Symptoms have improved.
- Conduct daily health screenings and regularly monitor your temperature.
- Regularly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, and clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or face covering.
- Make every effort to comply with the immunizations required by ETBU.
- Student-athletes, please follow instructions from the athletic department, your coach, and sport-specific guidelines.
- 3. Sign the ETBU Community Code of Conduct Covenant
All ETBU students — both residential and commuter — must sign the ETBU Community Code of Conduct Covenant no later than 24 hours before your scheduled campus move-in date. For commuters, please complete the covenant 24 hours before your first day of classes. You will receive an email with a link to this covenant to your ETBU email address. After reviewing, acknowledge your understanding of the convenant and pledge your commitment by electronic signature.
If you need any assistance with this process, please email email@example.com.
- 4. Schedule Your Campus Housing Move-In
Register for a Time Slot
You will receive an email from ETBU Residence Life with a sign-up link prior to move-in for the Spring 2021 Semester. Tigermail is the primary way that ETBU will communicate with you as a student, please check it frequently for updates relating to returning to campus.
The number of timeslots will be limited, so if your preferred move-in time is no longer available, please choose the next best time. If you do not sign up for a move-in time or arrive at a time you didn’t sign up for, you will be asked to wait until the students who signed up have completed their move-in. Please expect a significant delay. If you are a RA, Tiger Camp Leader, Clinical Teacher, or Band Leader your move-in date will be provided by your group leader.
Each student may bring a maximum of two adult guests (no children) to help them move-in.
Important dates regarding Move-in:
- January 2 and 3, 2021: Move-in for January 2021 Mini-term starting January 4
- January 7, 2021: Move-in for new freshmen and transfer students
- January 9 and 10, 2021: Move-in for returning students
Pack to Stay Healthy
- When you arrive on campus, you will have limited time to unload your vehicle and carry belongings to your assigned campus residential room. When packing, we also ask that you consider the following:
- Pack face coverings for the Spring 2021 Semester, make sure you and your (2) move-in guests wear masks at all times on move-in day.
- Bring everything you need for the semester to avoid multiple trips back home.
- Consider bringing an outdoor chair and picnic blanket for outdoor studies and student life activities.
- For a Full Packing List, please see the New Student Housing Information FAQs.
- 5. Move-In
You may bring a maximum of two adult guests to help you move-in. Your move-in will follow these four steps:
- Assess your symptoms. Before arriving on campus use our Daily Health Screening Guide to assess your symptoms. If you or either of your two adult guests are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, DO NOT come to campus and reschedule your move-in date with Residence Life by email Reslife@etbu.edu.
- Check-in at your assigned residence hall. Please enter campus through your building assigned entry listed below. Signs will be located across campus to direct you to your residence hall lobby. A campus map can be found here.
- East Avenue- Centennial Hall, Linebery Hall, Mabee Hall, and Ornelas Hall
- Grove Street- Fry Hall
- Elbert Wells Street- University Apartments
A Residence Life Staff member will be waiting for you in your residence hall lobby. You and your guests will be asked to fill out a symptoms screening questioner. You will receive your key and be ready to move into your new home.
- Unload your vehicle at your residence hall. Please limit your unloading time to one hour and do not linger in hallways or other shared spaces to promote social distancing.
- Move your vehicle to another location. Make space in the lot for the next student. Your guests may then stay for up to three additional hours to help you move in. Please keep your room door closed as much as possible to minimize contact with other groups.
- Hilltop Magazine
- Where to Give
Brand StandardMarketing Requests
- Design Request
- Level 1: Impact Event/Promotions Request
- Level 2: Major Events/Promotions Request
- Level 3: Student Events/Promotions Request
- ETBU This Week Submission Request
- Media Services Forms
- Photography Request
- Press Release Request
- Share where you Serve
- Social Media Request
- Tiger Weekly Request
- Update Your Bio
- Website Update
- Webform Request
- Marketing and Communication Supplies Check-Out Form
2020-2021 Campus Operations
2020-2021 Campus Operations
Pre-Campus Arrival Student Checklist
- Our Approach
- Spring 2021 Academic Information
- Sisk Health Services Clinic
- Housing and Residence Life
- Events and Prospective Student Campus Visits
- Daily Health Screening
- Dining Services
- Cleaning and Sanitization
- Pre-Campus Arrival Student Checklist
- On-Campus Health Resources
- COVID-19 | ETBU CARES Act Certification and Agreement Information
- COVID-19 General FAQs
- Faculty Information For COVID-19 Response And Movement To Online Education
- News Updates Texas COVID-19
- CDC Info
- World Health Organization