Due to social distancing restrictions to promote the health and safety of the ETBU Campus Community, off-campus visitors are not permitted in campus student housing. Additionally, social gatherings exceeding stated occupancy limits are not permitted in residential spaces.
We have taken the following steps to help ensure your healthy campus housing, which include residence halls, apartments, townhomes, and rowhouses:
- Students and staff in campus housing are expected to comply with campus regulations regarding social distancing and face coverings.
- No gatherings are permitted in campus housing shared spaces (lobbies, study rooms, living rooms, bedrooms, laundry rooms, etc.) that exceed stated occupancy limits.
- Students only have ID card or key access to their own residence hall or apartment. This minimizes cut through traffic in residential spaces.
- The University still requires residency for all students unless a student has a documented accommodation or otherwise meets the qualifications for a residency exemption. If you have a qualifying need that is not met by your current housing arrangement, contact Disability Support Services to begin the accommodation process.
For the safety of our students, guests, and employees, Fall 2020 move in looks significantly different that previous years.
- All move-ins will be conducted using a staggered process to avoid large groups of students arriving at the same time. Students will sign up up for an arrival date and time prior to move-in. Students and families should expect move in to take significantly more time than in past years.
- Each student may bring a maximum of two adult guests to help them move-in.
- All students and guests are required to a complete a health screening and temperature check before arriving on-campus. Information from this screening will be submitted upon arrival at your residence hall.
- Per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, any student who has traveled internationally is required to quarantine and monitor their health for 14 days.
- Guests and Gatherings
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and our need to promote the health and safety of all students, faculty, and staff, housing and residence life policies have been amended.
- Campus residents are not permitted to have off campus guests in their residence halls, apartments, rowhouses, or townhomes.
- Students may still mingle and socialize in open spaces and common areas on campus, limited by the posted occupancy of those spaces.
- Social visits and activities in campus housing, must comply with occupancy limits. Student organizations are encouraged to use web conferencing software or to work with campus staff to identify classrooms and other spaces where they can all attend while socially distancing.
- Maximum Number of Guests by Residence Hall
Visitation hours will be available for ETBU students only during announced and posted times. No off-campus visitors will be allowed. The number of student visitors allowed per room / suite are listed below.
- Centennial Two guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- Mabee Two guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- Ornelas Two guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- Fry Two guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- UA Two guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- Linebery No more than one guest per bedroom.
- Park Row Three guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- The Oaks Three guests per suite and no more than one guest per bedroom.
- Important Dates
Below see relevant dates for re-opening the residence halls. You will receive a sign-up link in your Tigermail by July 31.
Please note that if you are a RA, Tiger Camp Leader, Band Leader or Clinical Teacher your move in date will be provided by your group leader.
- August 1 and 2, 2020: Move-in for August 2020 Mini-term starting August 3
- August 8 and 9, 2020: Move-in for August 2020 Mini-term starting August 10
- August 12 and 13, 2020: Move-in for Tiger Camp
- August 14, 15 and 16, 2020: Move-in for returning students