ETBU Tiger Athletics will resume sport practices, workouts, training, conditioning, and competition activities gradually to minimize risk to student-athletes and the campus community, along with the guests and competing teams.
Based on local public health conditions and institutional capacity to complete appropriate screening, ETBU has created our best practices with guidance from the American Southwest Conference (ASC) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
An abundance of caution is being used in all circumstances and each sport will be assessed separately for each phase of engagement to minimize risk of the spread of COVID-19.
- New Procedures
- COVID-19 Education: All student-athletes, coaches and staff that are involved with athletics on campus must take part in a mandatory education sessions conducted by the ETBU Tiger Athletics.
- Daily Screens and Temperature Checks: ETBU Tiger Athletics is utilizing the accepted screening protocols for the campus community. Prior to practice, the team’s athletic training staff and coaching staff will conduct regular health screenings and temperature checks with an infrared thermometer. Student athletes are required to conduct personal daily health screenings and advise University personnel of any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Face Coverings: Athletics staff and student-athletes will comply with university face covering and mask guidelines.
- Hydration Policy and Procedures: Student-athletes will be required to provide their own water bottles. At Tiger athletic activities, there will be no sharing of water bottles and no use of water fountains. The ETBU staff will provide water stations for student-athletes in the event that a water bottle needs to be refilled. If a student-athlete needs to have a water bottle filled, they will bring the water bottle to the water station with the cap off. The athletic trainer will then fill the water bottle for the student-athlete. The ETBU staff will be the only person who can touch the water stations at any time. This will eliminate any common touch points between student-athletes, staff, and coaches.
- Equipment Cleaning Procedures: Tiger Athletics staff and student-athletes will comply with all University cleaning and sanitization guidelines.
- Procedure for Injuries: If an injury to a Tiger student athlete occurs, the ETBU staff will have access to the Athletic Training Rooms for evaluation. Student-athletes and staff are required to wear a face covering at all times when giving and receiving treatment in the Athletic Training Rooms. Cleaning procedures are in place to clean and sanitize all equipment that is used by the ETBU staff and student-athletes.
- COVID-19 Policies
- Student-Athletes with COVID-19 Symptoms, Testing, Isolation and Quarantine: Athletics will comply with University protocols for students that have symptoms, test positive, or come into contact with an individual that has had a positive COVID-19 test.
- Return-to-Exercise and Sport After COVID-19 Diagnosis: Any student-athlete diagnosed with COVID-19 must provide written clearance for resumption of activities by a physician prior to returning to athletics. This clearance is in addition to the general clearance for return-to-campus required for the general student body, faculty, and staff.