Many cellular service providers are offering free or reduced pricing for mobile hotspot capabilities. To configure your current phone or mobile device for internet connection sharing (mobile hotspot), refer to the following guides:
- Apple: Settings > Personal Hotspot
- Samsung: Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot
- LG: Settings > Network & internet > Tethering > Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Google: Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & Tethering > Wi-Fi Hotspot
- HTC: Settings > More > Hotspot & Tethering > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
- One Plus: Settings > Wi-Fi and Internet > Hotspot & Tethering > Wi-Fi Hotspot
Note: check with your cellular service provider before enabling tethering features!
- Fidelity Communications announced additional relief measures to support families in need during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. A 15 Mbps internet plan for $10 per month is available for the next 60 days to help low income families and those most impacted from coronavirus challenges, such as seniors and college students. No documentation will be required to sign up for this plan.
- AT&T is offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020. $5/mo or $10/mo thereafter, depending on your speed. AT&T is also offering discounts for tethering your current phone of mobile device. See https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/tethering.html for more information.
- Sprint is providing Unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans (effective 3/18), giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices (effective 3/18) and waiving per-minute toll charges for international long-distance calls from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries (effective 3/17).