Quality Enhancement Plan
What is a QEP?
A QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) is a document prepared for reaffirmation of accreditation with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) that focuses on a well-defined issue (QEP Topic) directly related to improving student learning.
How will the QEP benefit our students?
As we carry out the ETBU mission, the QEP will be interwoven into our on-going planning and evaluation to address the key question... How can Student Learning be enhanced?
Other Institutions have used the following topics for their QEP:
- Critical Thinking
- Information Literacy
- Bridge Programs to Narrow the College Readiness Gap
- Learning through Engagement: Service Learning
What are the five things that the QEP must do?
- Include a broad-based institutional process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment.
- Focus on learning outcomes and/or environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution.
- Demonstrate institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP.
- Include a broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP.
- Identify goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
We Need Your Ideas for ETBU's QEP Topic