American College Test, Inc. (ACT)
This is a general academic skills test that is given nationally and accepted for admission by most colleges and universities. The test is given at ETBU and many other locations throughout the nation. Advance registration is required to take the test and a minimum fee of $34 is charged for no writing and $49.50 for ACT plus writing.
Informational brochures and registration forms are available at ETBU or you can access information and registration at the act website at http://www.act.org.
National test will take place in Meadows Hall.
|Testing Dates||Registration Deadlines||Late Fee Required|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29 - October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3 -19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019||January 11, 2019||January 12 -18, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4 -20, 2019|
ACT Assessment / ACT Assessment Plus Writing
Cost for National ACT Exam only
ACT Assessment: $34.00 (Includes reports for you, your high school
(if you authorize reporting), and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register)
ACT Assessment Plus Writing: $49.50
Includes reports for you, your high school (if you authorize reporting), and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register). The $15.50 Writing Test fee is refundable, on written request if you are absent on test day or switch to the ACT (No Writing) before testing begins. Current (not-expired) official photo identification must be presented at check-in or you will not be permitted to test. The Admission ticket alone is not acceptable ID. The ID provided must be original, not a photocopy or reproduction. If you have questions concerning ACT identification requirements, call ACT Test Administration several days before the test date at 319.337.1510.
What should I bring to the test?
- Approved calculators may be used during the Mathematics Test but they must be turned off and put away when you are not working on that test.
- You are not permitted to use or access the following items at any time while in the test room:
- Textbooks, foreign language or other dictionaries, scratch paper, notes or other aids.
- Highlight pens, colored pens or pencils, correction fluid/tape.
- Communication devices (including cell phones)
- Computers (including handhelds)
- Recording devices (including cameras, scanners, tape recorders)
- Media devices (including games, music video, headphones)
- Reading material (including books, magazines)
- Mechanical pencils
- Tobacco in any form
- Timers, or any other electronic devices
- Food, gum, candy, or drink (including water) is not permitted in the testing room.
The following types of calculators are prohibited:
- Texas Instruments: All models numbers that begin with TI-89 or TI-92
- Hewlett-Packard: hp 48GII and all model numbers that begin with hp 40G, 49G and 50G
- Casio: Algebra fx 2.0, ClassPad, and all model numbers that begin with CFX-9970G
- Calculators with built-in computer algebra systems
- Pocket organizers
- Handheld or laptop computers
- Electronic writing pads or pen-input devices --The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted.
- Calculators built into cellular phones or other electronic communication devices.
- Calculators with a typewriter keypad (keys in QWERTY format) ---Calculators with letter keys not in QWERTY format are permitted.