ETBU offers a limited financial aid packet to its international students. Students are limited to two (2) unfunded scholarships and work/study.
Here are some of the scholarships for which you could be eligible:
Unfunded scholarships are noted with an asterik (*).
The amounts listed below are for new students beginning Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP *
$2,200 per academic year
- Students must maintain full-time status.
- Scholarships for freshmen or those transferring less than 24 hours are based on ACT or SAT scores and GPA.
- (To determine which freshman academic scholarship you qualify for, use the online ETBU Scholarship Calculator.)
- Scholarships for those who transfer 24 hours or more are based on transfer GPA.
- Must live in campus housing unless permanent residence is within commuting distance.
Presidential Scholarship * - $10,000 per academic year
Requirement for renewal: Maintain a 3.2 GPA and full-time status
Honor Scholarship * - $8,500 per academic year
Requirement for renewal: Maintain a 3.0 GPA and full-time status
Dean Scholarship * - $7,000 per academic year
Requirement for renewal: Maintain a 2.75 GPA and full-time status
Achievement Grant * - $3,000 per academic year
Requirement for renewal: Maintain a 2.0 GPA and full-time status
National Merit Semi-Finalist * - $2,000 added to appropriate academic scholarship
Honors Program Scholarship * - $1,000 per academic year; limited number available
CHURCH RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS
Christian Leadership Scholarship *
Initial application required. Renewable each year therafter.
- Display Christian Leadership through various activities (see application)
- Recommendation from pastor/staff member
- Maintain 2.0 GPA
- $1,000 to $4,000 per academic year
Christian Education Cooperative Grant *
- Requires a separate application
- Church must supply initial funds
- Must re-apply annually
- Requires a church action, verified by pastor
- University will match home church contribution amount up to $500 per academic year
Initial applicants must be a member in good standing of a Baptist Church (regardless of denominational affiliation or geographical location)
- Renewals must be signed by the pastor of a church cooperating with the Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Provide certification, license or ordination papers from a Baptist church
- Participate in Advance in Ministry (AIM) program and complete Religion 2440 before graduation
- Be an ETBU student in good standing
- Submit annual renewal application through the Office of Spiritual Development
- $60 per semester hour
Music and Theatre Scholarships
- Are available by demonstrating an exceptional level of performance during an on-campus audition. Dates for auditions may be obtained through the Music and Theatre Departments
- Music: 903.923.2158
- Theatre: 903.923.2291
Additionally, you may qualify for some departmental and other scholarships. Check the Finance Section of the Catalog for more detailed information.