ETBU's chapter of The National Association for Music Education (NAfME, formerly MENC) is also affiliated with Collegiate Texas Music Educators and Texas Music Educators Conference (the state chapter of NAfME). It exists for the purpose of:
- Making available to members opportunities for professional development;
- Acquainting students with the privileges and responsibilities of the music education profession;
- Providing all members with the opportunity to become acquainted with leaders in the music education profession through participation in programs, demonstrations, discussions, workshops, and performances planned by this chapter, the state music educators association, and the National Association for Music Education;
- Assisting the school in various projects throughout the year such as ushering for all recitals; and
- Providing the opportunity to have contact with collegiate members from other schools.
This group organizes a yearly trip to the Texas Music Educators Association convention in San Antonio. Accomplishments include winning Best Booth at the 2014 Homecoming Carnival with their Instrument Petting Zoo and receiving Chapter Growth Awards from the national organization for both the 2013-2014 and 2014-15 school years. Membership is open to any ETBU student interested in music teaching and learning.
The group's faculty advisor is Cammy Burkhalter, Assistant Professor of Music and Music Education Coordinator.
“The mission of NAfME is to advance music education by promoting the understanding and making of music by all while being the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. Whether one is hoping to serve in a school system, a church, or a private studio we welcome any pre-service music educator.”