ETBU Celebrates 100 Years of Christian Education
Celebrating 100 years of high-quality, Christian education on the Van Zandt Hill and around the country has been going on all year. From fine arts events, to regional celebrations, to alumni gatherings, the Tiger Family has been singing the praises of 100 years of ETBU all over.
And today begins a weekend that will take that celebration to a whole new level!
Today, Friday, October 19th launches our Centennial Celebration and Homecoming weekend. This weekend is jam-packed with events, reunions, meals, open houses, picnics, concerts, a bonfire, a parade, sporting events, a gala – all culminating in a celebration on ETBU’s most important day, October 22, its birthday. 100 years…can you believe it?!?!?
A lot can happen in 100 years. A lot has happened in 100 years, and I can say this with certainty, that ETBU’s next 100 will be just as great – greater even – than its last.
I’d love to go back in time to that moment in 1912 when a dream became a reality and tell them how we’re doing. Here’s what I would tell them:
- we are now a University with over 40 undergraduate and graduate degrees
- we have 36 beautiful buildings on campus, with a 37th slated to begin in months
- Marshall Hall stands as proud as ever, its Beacon shining brightly
- we are financially strong, educationally sound, and are still standing firmly in Christ Jesus
- and lastly, thank you, hoping I could put into words the impact this campus has had on thousands upon thousands of people.
It was a good vision, a courageous initiative, and, as 100 years have shown, ETBU was and is, a brilliant success.
What would you tell them? What impact has ETBU made on you? Tell us about it in the comment section below!
Come to the Hill this weekend and experience the Centennial and Homecoming Weekend at ETBU.
We are thankful for this University, grateful for those men and women who had a part in bringing a dream to live, and we are proud, so very proud, to be Tigers.
Find out everything you want to know about the Centennial Celebration at www.etbu.edu/100