How to access the properties menu
The propertiesmenu manages several things in the CMS. Every resource has a properies menu, though not all resources show the entire properties menu. Bellow we will be defining the comprehesive properties menu.
To access the properites menu for any CMS resourse.
1.Right click the resource's Icon.
2.Select the properties option.
Properties Menu Defined
- Template: This dropdown menu will let you choose from our different templates. There are only 2 approved templates right now. The default template should be used unless there is a specific reason to use the other. You can conact the Web Content Manager to discuss using the other template.
- Title: Changes the title of the page and must be filled in.
- Keywords: Keywords need to be used for all pages that can receive them. Only use 4 keyworkds and separate them with commas (orange, green, red, blue).
- Description: Should be one short sentence about the main idea of the page.
- Add to Navigation: Check this box if you want the resource to appear in the navigation.
- Navigation Text: The text that will be used for the link in the navigation. It should be the title of the page unless the title of the page is longer than 5-6 words.
- Insert After: This drop down will let you control the order the navigation links occur.
- Ok: Approves any changes you made.
- Cancel: Cancels any changes you made.
- Advanced: There are 60+ properties that can be manipulated on any resource. Not all of these are used. Clicking the advanced button will show you the complete list.