Music scholarships are available to music majors. These scholarships are highly competitive and require a formal audition process.
In order to receive a music scholarship, students must meet all the requirements for admission to the University. These scholarships are awarded for eight consecutive semesters assuming students meet the following criteria:
To receive and retain the scholarship, the recipient must:
- sign and return the scholarship certificate within the time frame indicated,
- be a music major as indicated by the courses taken, with the audition medium being the major performance concentration,
- earn a grade point average of 3.0 or above in each semester of the major performance concentration commensurate with the requirements of the major,
- register for applied lessons in the major performance concentration commensurate with the requirements of the major, and
- maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above for all university study.
A limited number of ensemble scholarships are available for students who enroll in various choral and instrumental ensembles. To inquire about these scholarships, students should contact the following individuals:
Choral Ensemble Scholarships: Dr. Justin Hodges firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrumental Ensemble Scholarships: Mr. Mark Crim email@example.com
Return to Audition and Scholarship Information
Return to Music Department