All Applicants must...
- Apply and pay the required application fee
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university with an overall grade point average of 2.6
- Have an acceptable GRE score as determined by the School of Education
- Have a clear criminal background check
Additional admittance requirements for those seeking certification...
- Complete 30 hours observation in a Texas public or approved private school classroom in the teaching field and level chosen
- Provide proof of clear Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Have 24 hours in content area courses that include a combination of hours in mathematics, science, social studies, English/Language Arts/Reading OR
- For elementary certification: Have 24 hours in content area courses that include a combination of hours in mathematics, science, social studies, English/Language Arts/Reading OR Pass the Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT)
- Have 24 hours in the content area you wish to teach (Life Science, Physical Science, Social Studies, English, Mathmatics, Kinesiology, Music, Theartre Arts, History, Spanish, Speech Communication), 12 of which are upper level courses (junior level or higher)
A full time load for the M. Ed. program is 6 hours a term.