Associate Professor of Management
Courses Regularly Taught
Principles of Management, Organizational Behavior, Business Policy, Organizational Leadership, Production Management, Human Resources Management
D.B.A., Anderson University (2009). Major: Management
M.B.A., Troy State University (1993). Major: General Management
B.B.A., University of Texas at Tyler (1983). Major: Business/Accounting
A.B.A., East Texas Baptist College (1981). Major: Business Administration
Teaching & Work Experience
- East Texas Baptist University, Marshall, TX
- Letourneau University, Longview, TX
- International Institute for Christian Studies:
- Anglo American College, Czech Republic
- University of New York in Prague, Czech Republic
- Trnava University, Slovakia
- Financial Analyst, Systems and Computer Technology, Lexington, KY
- Instructor, Sullivan College, Lexington, KY
- Staff Accountant, Asbury College, Wilmore, KY
- Manufacturing Cost Accountant, Texas Eastman Company, Longview, TX
- Theory-Application gap in management education
- Integration of faith and work as an extension of faith and learning integration
- Management history and the development of management thought
- "Just Pay It? Bribery and Higher Education in the Czech Republic: A Case Study, "Christian Business Academy Review. Spring, 2010.
- "Richard C. Chewning: Model & Mentor of Business and Faith Integration, " Journal of Biblical Integration in the Business. Winter,2009.
- "Writing for the Local Business Community: A Case Study." Paper presentation. Christian Business Faculty Association, Southeastern University, Lakeland, Florida. October,2010.
- "Drucker 101: The Life of an Integrated Scholar." Paper presentation. International Institute of Christian Studies Academic Conference, Kansas City, Kansas. July, 2010
- "The Role of Undergraduate Management Education in Bridging the Theory Application Gap: A Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis." Doctoral Showcase presentation. Christian Business Faculty Association, John Brown University, Arkansas. October,2009.
Dr. Mays is married to her husband Pat. They have one daughter named Sarah. She has a cat who she says is "fat, dumb and lazy and very affectionate!" Some of her favorite things are coffee, dark chocolate and, of course, Dr. Pepper. Hobbies include , in her own words, "travel, travel, travel!!"
One of her favorite Bible verses is Micah 6:8: What does the Lord require of you? To show love, to show justice, to show mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Dr. Mays joined ETBU in 2009.