Professor of Accounting
Courses Regularly Taught
Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II, Governmental Accounting, Managerial Finance, Management Science
Ed.D., Vanderbilt (1990). Major: Educational Administration
M.B.A., Louisiana Tech University (1978). Major: Management
B.A., Louisiana State University (1968). Major: Economics
- Louisiana Association of School Business Officials, Past President
- Texas Association of School Business Officials
- Association of School Business Officials of the United States and Canada
- National Association of College and University Business Officials
- Municipal Finance Officers Association
Equity issues in the funding of public education.
"School Board Considerations When Offering an HMO"- Doctoral Dissertation, Vanderbilt University,1990.
Dr. Hamby is married to his wife JoAnne. They have one son and 2 grandchildren. His son Ben is a graduate of ETBU. Some of Dr. Hamby's hobbies include fishing, LSU sports, woodworking, LSU sports, and LSU sports!! He especially loves spending time with his grandchildren Sadie and Bennett. They are the joy of his life.
His favorite Bible verse comes from Mark 9:23: And Jesus said to him, "If you can? All things are possible to him who believe."
Dr. Hamby was an instructor at ETBU years ago. He rejoined the ETBU family in 2010.